Tracing Rotherwood’s ownership is a formidable task, but it’s possible to create a general outline. Ross sold the property to the Phipps family in 1847, a transaction recorded in the Rogersville Courthouse [Ledger S, Page 81].
[This “folklore” has been gathered from many sources across the internet over a number of years.] The Rotherwood Mansion, located beside the Netherland Inn Road, is believed to be home to many spirits.
The Franklin House was also known as the Franklin Hotel, a structural staple in Richmond for around a century. The 100-room building was given such accolades as Richmond’s “largest boarding house” and “best furnished boarding house.